Special Interest Seminar: Wounded/Downed Defender
Combining wounded defender skills (one handed strong and one handed weak hand shooting) and firearms manipulation with the downed defender techniques as taught by the late Jim Cirillo, this special interest seminar is jam packed with material to broaden the experience of the serious handgun student.
Prerequisites: Level 2: Defensive Handgun
Special Interest Seminars put in-depth focus on individual components and ancillary aspects of defensive firearms use. Seminar emphasis is on skill building and repetition, that the student may gain an appreciable degree of proficiency in the specified skill. The special interest seminars review and refine skills taught in our weekend courses, and are offered to provide the chance to practice specific skills, without having to spend the time to go through an entire weekend class.
These one-day, 6-hour seminars are designed for students to practice what they already have been taught in the prerequisite F.A.S. class, but perhaps have not practiced for a while. They are NOT designed to be stand-alone training. If you have not met the pre-requisites listed for each class, please do not ask for a waiver of the pre-requisite, but rather, please consider taking the class listed as the prerequisite, as it contains instruction on the topics contained in the Special Interest Seminar, plus lots more.
Seminar Date: July 1, 2017
- Your own handgun of .38 caliber or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- A belt holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, shoulder holsters, appendix holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 200 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Sandwich or snack to be eaten on a very quick lunch break