Special Interest Seminar: Handgun Tune-Up
At F.A.S., we have identified nine skills necessary for the armed citizen to have mastered before they are truly ready for the street. They are—
- Draw stroke
- Moving targets
- One-handed shooting
- Low light shooting
- Multiple targets
- Moving and shooting
We teach these in our Level 2: Defensive Handgun class, and for this Special Interest Seminar, we will practice each of these skills, then after everyone is tuned up, give the Handgun Master test a run.
Prerequisite: Level 2: Defensive Handgun.
Special Interest Seminars put in-depth focus on individual components and ancillary aspects of defensive firearms use. Seminar emphasis is on skill building and repetition, that the student may gain an appreciable degree of proficiency in the specified skill. The special interest seminars review and refine skills taught in our weekend courses, and are offered to provide the chance to practice specific skills, without having to spend the time to go through an entire weekend class.
These one-day, 6-hour seminars are designed for students to practice what they already have been taught in the prerequisite F.A.S. class, but perhaps have not practiced for a while. They are NOT designed to be stand-alone training. If you have not met the pre-requisites listed for each class, please do not ask for a waiver of the pre-requisite, but rather, please consider taking the class listed as the prerequisite, as it contains instruction on the topics contained in the Special Interest Seminar, plus lots more.
Seminar Date: September 9, 2018
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to recieve discount.
- Your own handgun of .380 caliber or larger.
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- A belt holster suitable for concealed carry, which allows one handed re-holstering and prevents the muzzle from pointing at student’s own body while re-holstering. Inside the waistband appendix carry holsters are specifically forbidden in F.A.S. classes.
- 200 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) ammunition.
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection).
- A billed baseball cap.
- Push-button activated flashlight.
- A pen and notebook.
- Your lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
|Event Date||09-09-2018 10:00 am|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.