In 2016, we combined our Precision Rifle 1 and Precision Rifle 2 classes into one intensive, 3-day, 30 hour course of instruction, which has since proven very popular and often fills early, so don't wait too long to register. By combining sessions we do not have to spend a half a day on review and re-zeroing, and with our new, improved rifle ranges, we are able to accomplish all we did before with this one course.
Content for this combined Precision Rifle course includes:
Rifle marksmanship principles for prone and field positions, along with use of the marksman’s sling and engaging moving targets at different distances and speeds.
Once the class establishes their rifle data for distances from 50 to 400 yards, we participate in a variety of different exercises, including target identification, rapid fire precision shot placement, position shooting, moving targets as well as a low-light portion of the class on Saturday evening. At the end of the class, the student will have the opportunity to test for "Precision Rifle Master" a very challenging set of drills to test your precision rifle skills.
This is a three-day immersion course. Training proceeds well into Saturday night to afford students the uncommon experience of rifle night fire and starts up again Sunday morning at 9 a.m. Students should consider camping or staying at the range facility with sleeping bag and pad to sleep in the classroom, or RV or tent.
Course offered for the serious rifle shooter or previously certified police sniper who wants three full days of relevant training.
Background check, police ID or CCL required. Click Read More link to view equipment requirements.
September 7-9, 2018
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to recieve discount.
Precision Rifle Equipment List
- A high quality center-fire rifle capable of minute of angle accuracy, (M.O.A.) along with a good rifle scope with click adjustable knobs. Magnum rifles are not recommended due to the volume of fire of this class.
- 400 rounds of good quality ammunition, capable of minute of angle accuracy. Steel cased ammunition is specifically NOT allowed, or is steel core ammunition. We know ammunition is expensive, but you will waste the money you spent for the class if you buy cheap ammunition.
- Gun cleaning equipment with a solid, one piece coated rod. We will clean rifles at least once each day during class.
- Ear protection (both ear muffs and foam plugs) and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection). Try them out with your rifle in prone position, so you know they will work for you.
- High quality flashlight with extra batteries.
- Pad for lying prone. We recommend self-inflating mattresses, suitable for camping. There will be a lot of time spend lying on the ground on your stomach. You might as well be comfortable.
- Clothing appropriate for a considerable amount of time outdoors.
- A sleeping bag, foam sleeping pad, and your other personal amenities for use if you choose to stay overnight at the range.
- Notebook and pen.
- Please bring food and beverages sufficient for a full 36-hour period.
- Spotting scope;
- Rifle data book; Ultimate Sniper by Major John Plaster published by Paladin Press (book highly recommended; will answer many of the questions you may now have about precision marksmanship. NOTE: FAS has acquired a limited number of these books for students to purchase. The cost would be $60.00 added to the price of the course. If you want one of these books, you must CALL and register over the phone. The books are NOT available for individual sale. If you want to purchase, then we would recommend purchasing on Amazon.)
|Event Date||09-07-2018 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-09-2018|