Steve Fisher: Critical Shotgun
This course pick up where practical shotgun ended. We will explore the use of slugs and proper zeros of irons and red dots sights, and extend range use of buckshot. As well as shooting on the move and alternate firing positions and target transitions and shooting on the move.
Registration through Sentinel Concepts
THIS CLASS WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & medical plan
- Use of barricades
- Different optics and accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Recoil control
- Sight picture using magnified and or electronic optics
- Proper zero and confirmation of them. (Range dependent on distance)
- Use of the sling for supported shooting
- Use of body supported shooting positions
- Trigger control
- Different shooting positions
COST: $250 (Registration is through the instructor's website. A $40 per person, per day, range fee is due to FAS the first day of class)
- A functional and practical shotgun chambered in 12 or 20 gauge.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A sling (optional)
- Properly fitted shooting gloves
- A minimum of 150 Rounds Birdshot (no steel shot), 50 rounds Buckshot, and 35 slugs.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light.
- A black sharpie marker
About the Instructor:
STEVE “YETI” FISHER – OWNER & LEAD INSTRUCTOR OF SENTINEL CONCEPTS
Steve Fisher has been the owner/lead instructor for Sentinel Concepts since 2014. He also is a contract instructor for numerous ranges in Michigan and has been a staff instructor for EAG Tactical.
Steve’s career as a trainer started in the 90’s, first at NTFT and then later as the owner/ lead trainer of MDFI, both Michigan-based companies, and served as one of the primary Instructors for Magpul Dynamics. He was responsible for the development of new programs and tactics for several local police departments and new training curriculum’s based on low light, home defense and the use of the carbine, handgun, and shotgun in various roles.
Steve has been featured in SWAT Magazine, Recoil Magazine, Breach-Bang-Clear, and has written for both SWAT Magazine and Surefire Combat Tactics. He is a product designer for Tuff Products and provides product development insight for companies like Nighthawk Customs, Midwest Industries, FN, Trijicon, Agency Arms, Surefire and Robar to name a few.
Over the years Steve has participated in numerous training programs from notable instructors in the industry as well as many local level schools and stays active on both sides of the training industry. He is also an avid hunter and has a history in the outdoor/hunting television community as both a hunter and cameraman.
AS A REMINDER: BOTH FAS & SENTINEL CONCEPTS HAVE A STRICT NO VIDEO POLICY!
|Event Date||03-13-2022 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||03-13-2022 5:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|