Steve Fisher: Shotgun Employment
An entry-level course where students are familiarized with their shotguns. This class is geared toward those with training outside the basic classes from novice to the intermediate shooter, looking to tune up some skills. Even at this early level, we expect students to have an understanding of various methods of reloading, weapon manipulation and most importantly muzzle awareness and safety.
THIS CLASS WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Effective accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture using iron sights and electronic optics
- Proper patterning and confirmation of them
- Use of the sling
- Emergency reloads
- Ammo management
- Malfunctions of the shotgun
- Different shooting positions
- Shooting multiple targets
- Movement drills
- and more…
- A functional and practical shotgun chambered in 12 or 20 gauge.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 350 Rounds Birdshot, 50 rounds Buckshot.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light.
About the Instructor:
STEVE “YETI” FISHER – OWNER & LEAD INSTRUCTOR OF SENTINEL CONCEPTS
Steve Fisher has been the owner/lead instructor for Sentinel Concepts since 2014. He also is a contract instructor for numerous ranges in Michigan and has been a staff instructor for EAG Tactical.
Steve’s career as a trainer started in the 90’s, first at NTFT and then later as the owner/ lead trainer of MDFI, both Michigan-based companies, and served as one of the primary Instructors for Magpul Dynamics. He was responsible for the development of new programs and tactics for several local police departments and new training curriculum’s based on low light, home defense and the use of the carbine, handgun, and shotgun in various roles.
Steve has been featured in SWAT Magazine, Recoil Magazine, Breach-Bang-Clear, and has written for both SWAT Magazine and Surefire Combat Tactics. He is a product designer for Tuff Products and provides product development insight for companies like Nighthawk Customs, Midwest Industries, FN, Trijicon, Agency Arms, Surefire and Robar to name a few.
Over the years Steve has participated in numerous training programs from notable instructors in the industry as well as many local level schools and stays active on both sides of the training industry. He is also an avid hunter and has a history in the outdoor/hunting television community as both a hunter and cameraman.
AS A REMINDER: BOTH FAS & SENTINEL CONCEPTS HAVE A STRICT NO VIDEO POLICY!
|Event Date||10-12-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-12-2020 6:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||12-24-2019|
|Cut off date||10-08-2020 1:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.