Handgun Master's Test Range Day
FAS range days give Alumni an opportunity to practice skills you've developed during your training. This range day will give you some warm up practice and run at our Handgun Master's Test. The only other time the handgun master's test is run is during our Level 4: Advanced Defensive Handgun class.
FAS HANDGUN MASTER TEST
Each participant will have two tries to pass each of the sections below. Upon passing each section, they will receive a FAS Handgun Master's Certificate.
- Accuracy: From holster, shooter fires 6 shots in 30 seconds at 15 yards, all A-zones.
- Multiple targets/Reloading: At 7 yards, draw and fire one shot on each of 3 targets, reload and one shot on each of three targets, reload again and cover target. 11 seconds total time, 17 sec. for revolver. Run twice. Total of 12 shots, 6 must be A-zones, the rest can be C-Zones, no D-zones or misses.
NOTE: Instructor will start stopwatch on whistle, and blow whistle for .5 seconds at the 10.5 second mark on the stop watch. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot, and the attempt will not be scored as a pass.
- Moving Target: At 7 yards, target will appear and be visible for 2.25 sec. traveling approximately 4 yards. Shooter must draw and fire 2 shots, starting when target appears. 3 runs, all A-zones.
- One Handed Shooting Skills: Shooter at 4 yards, on whistle, draws and fires 6 shots in 6 seconds, all A-zone hits.
Repeated from low ready with weak hand.
NOTE: Instructor will start stopwatch on whistle, and blow whistle for .5 seconds at the 5.5 second mark on the stop watch. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot and will not pass.
- Low Light: Shooter at 5 yards, on whistle draws and fires one shot on each of 3 targets, 3.5 sec. or less. Repeat for a total of 6 times. 18 shots total, at least 9 must be A-zones, the rest C-zones. No D zones or misses.
NOTE: Instructor will start stopwatch on whistle, and blow whistle for .5 seconds at the 3 second mark on the stop watch. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot, and results in a “did not pass.”
Prerequisite: Must be FAS Alumni from our Handgun Program. We recommend students have taken at least our Defensive Handgun. Please Contact Us if you have questions about your proficiency level for this range day.
There are no discounts and payments are non-refundable or transferable unless the range day is cancelled by FAS.
- Your own handgun of .380 caliber or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for two of them
- Holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, appendix holsters, shoulder holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 150 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Clothing suitable for the time of year to spend a considerable amount of time outside.
- Snack and beverages
|Event Date||03-29-2020 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||03-29-2020 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||03-27-2020 1:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.