Level 2: Defensive Handgun
Two days of combined classroom and range instruction, teaching the armed citizen or entry-level police officer the techniques of defensive handgunning.
Classroom topics for Level 2: Defensive Handgun include:
- Gun Safety and Range Safety
- Legal Considerations in Use of Deadly Force
- Crime Awareness and Pre-Attack Indicators
- Aftermath Issues (Interacting with Police)
- Role Play Interacting with Police
Range Instruction for Defensive Handgun includes:
- Defensive Draw Stroke
- Defensive Draw Stroke from Concealment
- Handgun Accuracy Relating to Self Defense
- Malfunctions and Speed Reloading
- Low Light Shooting
- Moving and Shooting
- Shooting at Moving Targets
- Shoot-Don’t Shoot Scenarios
Prerequisite: This is a Level 2 class. Please consult the course descriptions for the Level 1 classes Intro to Handguns, Fundamentals of Home Defense, and Concealed Carry 101 before enrolling in Defensive Handgun. While students are welcome to start their training with the Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc. at Level Two, they must have a firm grasp and understanding of the curriculum of our Level One courses.
Student will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification or other form of background check prior to participation.
Women who are pregnant or nursing may not participate in live-fire training, due to risks from lead exposure and loud noise. Student must supply own handgun and other gear as specified in equipment list below.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Level 2: Defensive Handgun Equipment List:
- Your own handgun of .380 caliber or larger.
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- A belt holster suitable for concealed carry, which allows one handed re-holstering and prevents the muzzle from pointing at student’s own body while re-holstering. Inside the waistband appendix carry holsters are specifically forbidden in F.A.S. classes.
- 400 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) ammunition.
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection).
- A billed baseball cap.
- Push-button activated flashlight.
- A pen and notebook.
- Your lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
|Event Date||02-16-2019 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||02-17-2019 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-12-2018|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.