WA I-1639 Firearms Safety Training
In 2018, voters approved Initiative 1639, which among other things, requires any person who desires to purchase a semi-automatic rifle in the state of Washington, to have taken a firearms safety training course. This special class has been developed and is being offered to satisfy this need.
Course content includes:
- Basic Firearms Safety Rules
- Firearms and Children (including secure gun storage and talking to children about gun safety)
- Firearms and Suicide Prevention
- WA State Use of Deadly Force Law
- Secure Gun Storage (to prevent unauthorized access and use)
- Safe Handling of Firearms
- State and Federal Firearms Laws (including prohibited firearms transfers)
Proof of training to satisfy the requirements of I-1639 will be provided at the end of the 4-hour course of instruction.
All classes held at the Firearms Academy of Seattle, located near Onalaska, WA. Upon Enrollment, students will receive a map to the location.
Classes start at 10:00 am on all dates and will run for approximately 4 hours. You must pre-register for all classes, and because of the likely demand for these classes, there will be no refunds if you do not show up for class. We will refund your deposit if you cancel at least one week in advance. Schedule is subject to change.
NOTE: We would strongly advise signing up well in advance. We expect these classes to fill long before the day of instruction.
- A pen and notebook.
- Please bring beverages and snacks or a sack lunch--we will eat during classroom lecture. There will not be a formal lunch break.
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.