Shot Placement and Considerations for Deadly Encounters
It is one thing to carry a firearm for protection but it is another to be able to hit the areas on the threat that effect the quickest stop! Having the best knowledge of the equipment to fit your needs and the know-how to use your firearm effectively is critical. In addition to the role of shot placement in stopping an assailant, armed citizens are obligated not to shoot indiscriminately and endanger others.
In this Threat Anatomy class you will learn about ammunition, calibers, bullet construction, human anatomy, shot placement and shot angles. Recognizing that we train mostly on square ranges and threats do not come on square ranges we use a variety of targets at different angles to help you develop the understanding of angles for shot placement. On the range, we’ll lead you through skill building drills to help you with the development of your critical decision making and shot-placement skills meaning accuracy!
Prerequisites: Our Level 2: Defensive Handgun or equivalent.
• Your own pistol (no smaller than .380), minimum three magazines or speedloaders, and 250 rounds ammunition
• A strong side belt holster only! NO Small of back or fanny packs or shoulder rigs or collapsible inside the pant holster
• At least three magazines or speedloaders and a pouch to hold two of them
• Billed cap, ear muffs/hearing protection and wrap around safety glasses/eye protection
• Lunch and something to drink
• Attire appropriate for the weather
• A pen and notebook
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to recieve discount.
|Event Date||06-14-2020 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-14-2020 6:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-11-2019|
|Cut off date||06-12-2020 1:00 pm|