Tactical Rifle is a 2-day course, geared for the patrol officer or armed citizen wanting to increase proficiency with the use of the semi-auto rifle/carbine. Instruction includes use of cover, multiple targets, rapid fire, long range shooting (out to 200 yards), carbine manipulations, moving and shooting, and shooting on moving targets, along with use of the rifle in low light environments.
We highly recommend a Carbine or AR Pistol in the AR15 or AK configuration although other semi-auto rifles have done well in this class. Red dots, low power variable optics, and iron sights are all acceptable. Large caliber rifles in .308/7.62 and Pistol Caliber Carbines are challenging to run in some portions of this class and are not recommended.
Prerequisites: This is a Level 2 class. Please consult the course descriptions for the Level 1 Rifle course before enrolling in the Tactical Rifle course. While students are welcome to start their training here at FAS in level two, they must have a firm grasp and understanding of the curriculum of our level one courses.
Students will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification, or other form of background check prior to participation.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Tactical Rifle Equipment List:
- Semi-automatic rifle with at least 5 magazines. .223 rifles of the AR-15 configuration do best in this class, though others are acceptable.
- Manual and/or zeroing information for your sighting system.
- 600 rounds rifle ammunition (minimum).
- Rifle sling.
- Ear protection (you may want plugs and ear muffs) and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Clothing appropriate for a considerable amount of time outdoors.
- A pen and notebook
- Your lunch and beverages.
|Event Date||08-12-2023 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||08-13-2023 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-11-2023 11:59 pm|