Dark Angel Medical: Direct Action Response Training 2-Day
The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!! When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K. The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided.
***There are no prerequisites for this class***
COST: $450 (Registration is through the instructor's website. A $40 per person range/facility fee is due to FAS the first day of class)
Class is 08:30 to 17:30 Daily
Registration for April 15-16, 2023:
Registration for Nov. 18-19, 2023:
The course covers the following:
- Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
- The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
- H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
- Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
- Hands-on application of the IMK
- Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
- Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
- Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
- Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
- Application of tourniquets
- Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
- Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
- Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
- Response to active shooter situation
- Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
- Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
- Mass casualty triage procedure
- Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)
- Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
- Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
- An open mind
**Note: Direct Action Response Training will count for certification in B-CON through the American College of Surgeons. It also provides 16 hours of CEU’s, per CECBEMS, to NREMT EMT-Basics/Advanced and Paramedics
About Dark Angel Medical:
We are a veteran-owned and operated business with a passion for informing, educating and equipping everyone in all aspects of everyday trauma care so that they are “by-doers” and not bystanders when bad things happen.
Our cadre of instructors from different branches of service bring real-world operational experience from, pre-hospital to intra-hospital, and provide our students with the information necessary to make a difference in a life or death situation.
From customer service, to product assembly, to order fulfillment to instructors, our goal is simple: We want you to have what you need in a time-is-life scenario.
At Dark Angel Medical, you have a kit for life....
If you use one of our kits to save a life, let us know!! Send us some sort of official documentation to the fact that you have utilized our kit in saving a life and we will gladly replace the components used, free of charge! We’ll even cover the shipping!
****We do not cover, nor are we responsible for, replacement of any of the components of the kit if they are damaged in either normal course of wear/use or from misuse, abuse or modification. Customer proof of purchase is required.****
|Event Date||04-15-2023 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||04-16-2023 5:30 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range