IDPA Boot Camp
Just a few weeks before the 2021 WA State IDPA Championship at Paul Bunyan, this year we will be lowering the class size and round count to focus more on non-shooting tasks, movement, and stage planning.
Running from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day, we will concentrate on developing our handgun shooting skills and IDPA Competition specific skills. Course content will cover ALL aspects of IDPA shooting, including, but not limited to: Concealed carry draw, tactical and speed reloads, multiple targets, moving targets, one handed shooting, low light shooting with and without flashlights, and position shooting as one might find in a typical match.
We understand the ammo crunch. This class can be shot with as little as a few hundred rounds. It's up to the student to manage their ammo as most of the stage drills may be run dry or live fire. Many could be done with a SIRT, Cool-Fire, or similar as long as you have a holster for it.
Enrollment limited to the first 8 sign ups. Must be an IDPA member AND hold at least a Marksman classification to participate. This is not a beginner-level class. If you are not classified or are classified as a novice, please contact use before registering.
Boot Camp Equipment List:
- IDPA-legal handgun
- At least three magazines or speedloaders (5-6 or more would be best), plus a belt holder or pouch for at least two mags or speedloaders depending on your division.
- IDPA-legal holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, shoulder holsters, small-of-the-back (SOB) holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 800 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) ammunition.
- Electronic hearing protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- IDPA Cover Garment
- A billed baseball cap
- A flashlight
- A pen and notebook
- Your lunch, snacks, and beverages.
|06-03-2022 9:00 am||12|