Precision Rifle Range Day
FAS range days give Alumni an opportunity to practice skills you've developed during your training. This range day will give you practice on our 400 yard paper and 625 yard steel ranges.
There are no discounts and payments are non-refundable or transferable unless the range day is cancelled by FAS.
- A high quality center-fire rifle capable of minute of angle accuracy, (M.O.A.) along with a good rifle scope with click adjustable knobs. Magnum rifles are not recommended due to the volume of fire of this class.
- 100 rounds of good quality ammunition, capable of minute of angle accuracy. Steel cased ammunition is specifically NOT allowed, or is steel core ammunition. We know ammunition is expensive, but you will waste the money you spent for the class if you buy cheap ammunition.
- Ear protection (both ear muffs and foam plugs) and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection). Try them out with your rifle in prone position, so you know they will work for you.
- Pad for lying prone. We recommend self-inflating mattresses, suitable for camping. There will be a lot of time spend lying on the ground on your stomach. You might as well be comfortable.
- Clothing appropriate for a considerable amount of time outdoors.
- Snack and beverages
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.