Level 1: Intro to Shotgun
Intro to Shotgun covers the basics and is designed for the student who is testing out a new shotgun or is beginning their training. This class can be taken with any shotgun including a single shot, double barrel/over under, pump, or semi-auto. If bringing a trap, skeet, or bird hunting gun, please make sure you have a choke that can shoot slugs. This will be covered during the class.
In addition to learning the operation of the shotgun and shooting techniques, students will see their accuracy potential with slugs, practice shooting from behind cover, and at multiple targets.
Students who are slightly built may want to consider purchasing a PAST recoil pad, due to the amount of shooting we do in this course.
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Defensive Shotgun Equipment List
- Shotgun with full length or adjustable stock. No pistol grip only stocks.
- 150 rounds lead bird shot minimum. If you are using a pump shotgun, buy inexpensive low-brass birdshot. If you are using a semi-auto shotgun, your ammunition must have enough power to cycle the gun, which may require high brass field loads for birdshot. We do not stock shotgun ammunition, so please make sure your ammo will cycle your semi-auto shotgun before you come to class.
- 25 rounds rounds of non-magnum slugs (Less is okay if you can't find them)
- Electronic hear protection, wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection) and a brimmed ball cap.
- Notebook and pen
- Please bring a sack lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
|Event Date||11-23-2024 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||11-23-2024 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||11-22-2024 11:55 pm|