Special Interest Seminar: Pocket Guns
The dirty little secret in defensive handgunning, is that even the gurus at times slip a small gun in the pocket for those times where a full-sized gun just isn’t viable. With this in mind, we are going to train with these guns for a hard 6 hours, pushing their capabilities and exploring “pocket gun” tactics. The gun should be a center-fire pistol caliber of .32 or larger and be able to fit into the front pocket of a pair of blue jeans, (relaxed fit for some of us). While we will also train from traditional belt holsters, bring your fanny packs, and an old vest or old jacket we can shoot through the pocket and destroy. 200 rounds of ammunition is required to complete the course.
These one-day, 6-hour seminars are designed for students to practice what they already have been taught in the prerequisite F.A.S. class, but perhaps have not practiced for a while. They are NOT designed to be stand-alone training. If you have not met the pre-requisites listed for each class, please do not ask for a waiver of the pre-requisite, but rather, please consider taking the class listed as the prerequisite, as it contains instruction on the topics contained in the Special Interest Seminar, plus lots more.
Special Interest Seminars put in-depth focus on individual components and ancillary aspects of defensive firearms use. Seminar emphasis is on skill building and repetition, that the student may gain an appreciable degree of proficiency in the specified skill. The special interest seminars review and refine skills taught in our weekend courses, and are offered to provide the chance to practice specific skills, without having to spend the time to go through an entire weekend class.
Prerequisite: Level 2: Defensive Handgun or higher.
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
- A center-fire pistol caliber of .32 or larger that you can fit into the front pocket of a pair of trousers. Any speedloaders or magazines you have for your pocket gun.
- Cargo-style pants with large pockets.
- A belt holster with covered trigger guard (no inside-the-waistband appendix holsters, shoulder holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please) plus your fanny pack if you use one, and an old vest or old jacket we can shoot through the pocket and destroy.
- 200 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Your sack lunch and beverages
|Event Date||10-26-2019 10:00 am|
|Registration Start Date||10-12-2018|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.