Level 1: Carbine Fundamentals
Carbine Fundamentals is a 1-day training course covering a broad range of topics dealing with general rifle or carbine use.
**New Class for 2024**
Designed for the student who is new to the AR15, or other modern production carbine, we will start at the beginning with basic carbine manipulations and sight in to establish a good point blank zero. Then, we will work mechanical offset, shooting stance, recoil management, multiple shots, and multiple targets. Time permitting, we will also do an introduction to clearing malfunctions.
Any modern production carbine is allowed in this course, including pistol caliber carbines although a lot of the instruction will be based around the AR15 platform.
Taking this course in combination with Rifle Marksmanship Fundamentals will get you ready for our level 2 classes.
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Level One Rifle Equipment List
- A modern production carbine (AR-15 or AK type preferred)
- Irons, Red Dot, or Low Powered Variable Optics are all acceptable for this class
- Manual and/or zeroing information for your sighting system (Recommended)
- At least 3 magazines (More if running low-cap mags)
- 200 rounds of ammunition (Minimum)
- Rifle sling
- Kneepads (Optional)
- Electronic hearing protection, wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection) and a brimmed ball cap.
- Notebook and pen
- Your lunch and beverages
|Level 1: Carbine Fundamentals||02-04-2024 8:30 am||16|
|Carbine Fundamentals||04-21-2024 9:00 am||16|
|Level 1: Carbine Fundamentals||06-09-2024 9:00 am||16|
|Level 1: Carbine Fundamentals||08-25-2024 9:00 am||16|
|Level 1: Carbine Fundamentals||10-27-2024 9:00 am||16|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range