Many myths surround the combat shotgun. This eight hour course will dispel these myths, replacing them with the correct knowledge and skills necessary to use the shotgun for self-defense or law enforcement duty.
In addition to learning the operation of the shotgun and correct shooting techniques, students will "pattern" their shotgun, understand the penetration potential of the various types of shotgun ammunition and practice shooting from behind cover and at multiple targets. Students will see the accuracy potential of the shotgun, along with understanding how shot patterning effects the tactical use of the shotgun in self defense and hostage situations.
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Defensive Shotgun Equipment List
- 12 gauge or 20 gauge shotgun with full length or adjustable stock. No pistol grip only stocks.
- 100 rounds lead bird shot. If you are using a pump shotgun, buy inexpensive low-brass birdshot. If you are using a semi-auto shotgun, your ammunition must have enough power to cycle the gun, which may require high brass field loads for birdshot. Test your loads through your semi-auto shotgun before class, or if you are unable to do so, buy ammunition that is at least 3 1/4 dram equivalent (listed on box) sometimes called field loads, to be sure your semi-auto shotgun will cycle the shells. We recommend field grade, high brass #4 or #6 bird shot with a dram equivalent of 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 for semi-autos. We do not stock shotgun ammunition, so please make sure your ammo will cycle your semi-auto shotgun before you come to class.
- 20 rounds non-magnum buckshot
- 15 rounds of slugs
- Ear protection, wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection) and a brimmed ball cap.
- Notebook and pen
- Please bring a sack lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
|02-06-2021 9:00 am||16|
|05-02-2021 10:00 am||16|