Deadly Force Instructor - Washington
Taught in person by Massad Ayoob
This one week 40+ hour course of instruction is offered by the Massad Ayoob Group in conjunction with The Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc. to teach and certify self-defense firearms instructors in the complicated and nuanced discipline of teaching the legalities of use of deadly force in self-defense. Teaching how to shoot is the easy part. Much tougher is teaching people when and when not to use force, including deadly force, in self defense. In addition to learning what to teach and how to present it, students will also learn how to take their expertise to court, to both serve as a material witness for their students, and perhaps an expert witness in other self-defense court cases.
Pre-requisites: Instructor credentials or membership in the Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc. MAG-40 or MAG-20 Classroom is strongly recommended.
Concealed Pistol License or LE Credentials must be presented the first day of class.
5 Days: Monday 7/22/24 through Friday 7/26/24. Class starts promptly at 8:30 the first day of class.
For 2024 we are hosting Mas for an overlapping MAG-40 and Deadly Force Instructor. There are multiple registration options below including being able to take MAG-20 Live Fire and MAG-20 Classroom separately. Please Contact Us if you have any questions before registering and consult the links below for more information about the individual classes. Please do not register for overlapping classes.
MAG-20 Live Fire Sat/Sun 7/20 to 7/21
MAG-20 Classroom Mon/Tues 7/22 to 7/23
MAG-40 Sat-Tues 7/20 to 7/23 (Register Below)
Deadly Force Instructor Mon-Friday 7/22 to 7/26 (Can be taken in combination with MAG-20 Live Fire)
This class can be taken in combination with MAG-20 Live Fire Sat/Sun 7/20 to 7/21. If taking both MAG-20 Live Fire and DFI, the student will receive both a MAG-40 and a DFI Certificate upon completion.
Course content includes:
- Justifying use of deadly force in self-defense
- Use of non-lethal force in self defense
- Understanding the affirmative defense of self-defense
- Physiological phenomenon involved in deadly force incidents
- Criminal law and self-defense
- Dynamics of violent encounters
- Mock courtroom exercise
- Issues from actual self-defense cases (case studies)
- Classroom presentation
Students will be expected to prepare for this class by researching their own state’s laws on use of deadly force, along with their own state’s case law, and bring this material to class. Additionally, students should be prepared for instruction to go into the early evening if necessary on some days, in order to cover the vast array of material which needs to be covered.
Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network members that are not LFI-1, MAG-40 or MAG-20 Classroom graduates will receive a $100.00 discount - Use Coupon Code: DFI-ACLDN
Students are only able to receive one of these discounts. To receive the discount you MUST use the correct coupon code at checkout or call to register. 360-978-6100, Tues-Fri 0900 to 1600.
- Note taking materials. You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip). Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Many of our facilities do not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time.
- We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on (We like this one).
|Deadly Force Instructor - Washington
|07-22-2024 8:30 am
Venue - Firearms Academy Range