Level 1: Concealed Carry 101
Our affordable Level 1: Intro to Handguns, a very popular program introduced in 2002, teaches the laws and Use of Force doctrine that is an inseparable part of the topic of carrying guns for self-defense. Thus, the Intro to Handguns class is a non-negotiable prerequisite for Concealed Carry 101, even for registrants who have participated in other gun safety programs. We recommend that you to wait to enroll in Concealed Carry 101 (or any of our classes!) until you have completed the Intro to Handguns class, so you can benefit from an instructor's guidance about which class will best meet your training needs as your skills may exceed the basics taught in this class, making you a better candidate for Defensive Handgun class.
Students must provide their own handgun, a range or concealment holster of good quality (if you need to purchase one, we recommend Blade-Tech products), and other equipment as detailed below. One of the main blocks of instruction for this class is selection of a good quality concealed carry holster. For this class, you only need a safe holster for range work, and we would recommend you wait until after the class to purchase an expensive concealed carry holster, unless you already have one.
Prerequisites: Completion of the Firearms Academy Level 1: Intro to Handguns. Students in this class will be required to sign a statement that they are legally entitled to own handguns prior to participation.
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Concealed Carry 101 Equipment List:
- Your own gun (must be a revolver or semi-automatic pistol of .380 caliber or larger).
- Two magazines or speedloaders for your gun.
- 200 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition.
- PLEASE BE SURE YOUR HOLSTER MEETS THESE REQUIREMENTS: A belt holster (range holster or high quality concealment holster) with covered trigger guard designed to be worn on your strong side (right handed persons wear on right hip) attached to a sturdy belt threaded through trouser belt loops. Holster used must be rigid and remain open after the gun is withdrawn. If you are shopping for a good range holster, we recommend you contact Blade-Tech at 253-655-8059 or www.blade-tech.com. If you have any questions about this equipment please call right away so we help you obtain the right gear. (Please, no fanny packs, purse holsters, shoulder holsters, small-of-the back holsters, appendix holsters, or holsters made of such a soft material that they collapse when the gun is withdrawn).
- Ear muffs for hearing protection, wrap-around impact-resistant eye protection and a billed cap
- A vest or large overshirt to serve as a cover garment.
- A pen and notebook.
- Please bring a sack lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
- Wear clothing and shoes suitable for spending long periods of time outdoors during the season in which your class is scheduled. Ranges are covered and graveled.
|02-13-2022 9:00 am||12|
|04-10-2022 9:00 am||12|
|05-15-2022 9:00 am||12|
|08-14-2022 9:00 am||12|
|09-11-2022 9:00 am||12|