Level 3: Tactical Handgun
This course picks up where Level 2: Defensive Handgun leaves off, and requires a non-negotiable prerequisite of the current F.A.S. Level 2: Defensive Handgun, or both the pre-2015 F.A.S. Defensive Handgun and Tactical Handgun classes.
(We understand that many top level trainers teach solid defensive handgun courses that their graduates may wish to satisfy this prerequisite, but please understand that with the revision of our Level 2: Defensive Handgun curriculum to incorporate decision making and legal aftermath material, makes this pre-requisite non-negotiable as Level 3 instruction requires a mastery of skills taught in Level 2.)
Range instruction includes:
- Mid- and Long-Range Accuracy Drills
- 360-Degree Awareness and Handgun Drills
- Speed Draws, Double and Triple Taps
- Hostage Rescue Drills
- Low Light Training with Flashlights
- Building Search Technique with Flashlights
- Moving and Shooting at Multiple and Moving Targets
Classroom instruction includes:
- Taking Criminal Subjects at Gunpoint
- Understanding the Tueller Principal (Students Participate in and Record Times, Can Be Videoed)
- Role Play Exercises
You will be asked to present a valid state issued Concealed Weapons Permit, law enforcement or military ID or other background check the first day of class.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Tactical Handgun Equipment List:
- Your own handgun, 9mm or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- Holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, appendix holsters, shoulder holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 500 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Small, tactical flashlight
- A pen and notebook
- A set of kneepads
- Your lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
|06-26-2021 9:00 am||12|
|09-11-2021 9:00 am||12|