Level 3: Tactical Handgun
This 2-day course picks up where Level 2: Defensive Handgun leaves off and goes more in depth into aspects of concealed carry and home defense.
Range instruction includes:
- Mid- and Long-Range Accuracy Drills
- 360-Degree Awareness and Handgun Drills
- Hostage Rescue Drills
- Low Light Training with Flashlights
- Building Search Technique with and without Flashlights
- Moving and Shooting at Multiple and Moving Targets
Classroom instruction includes:
- Taking Criminal Subjects at Gunpoint
- Understanding the Tueller Principal (Students Participate in and Record Times, Can Be Videoed)
- Role Play Exercises
Prerequisites: Completion of the FAS Level 2: Defensive Handgun. If you have not taken Defensive Handgun in the past few years, we recommend retaking before signing up for Tactical Handgun.
Student will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification, or other form of background check prior to participation.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Tactical Handgun Equipment List:
- Your own handgun, 9mm or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- Holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, appendix holsters, shoulder holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 500 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Small, tactical flashlight
- A pen and notebook
- A set of kneepads
- Your lunch and beverages--we will eat during classroom lecture.
|Level 3: Tactical Handgun||03-02-2024 9:00 am||12|
|Level 3: Tactical Handgun||07-13-2024 9:00 am||12|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range