Low Light Carbine
It's hard to get enough practice shooting in low light because classes are normally during the day. In the winter months, it gets dark early enough that we can venture outside of the low light house.
In low to no light we will be working on manipulating the gun, malfunctions, positively identifying targets, moving and shooting, and shooting at moving targets. Finishing up the evening we will be testing ourselves and our gear to see how far we can make accurate hits on steel out to 625 yards.
**We do not have a plan to run this class in early 2022, please check back for future dates, possibly winter 2022**
Prerequisites: It is recommended that you have completed Close Quarters Carbine although successful completion of our Level 2: Tactical Rifle course along with Level 2: Defensive Handgun would also be sufficient. NOTE: We cannot waive these prerequisites due to the complex nature of the drills and scenarios the student will be asked to participate in. Students will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military ID, or commissioned law enforcement identification prior to participation. Private Security would need a valid concealed pistol license. Call before class if you have questions.
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Low Light Carbine Equipment List:
- A Zero'd Semi-automatic rifle or PCC
- Magazines to carry at least 90 rounds on your person
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Rifle Sling (One or two point tactical style sling).
- Weapon Mounted Light (500+ Lumens)
- Handheld Light
- Task light, headlamp, or helmet light
- Enough batteries for 4+ hours in low light
- Electronic Hearing Protection (you may want plugs and ear muffs) and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- Clothing appropriate for a considerable amount of time outdoors.
- A pen and notebook
- Your lunch and beverages.
- Note: If your rifle is equipped with an optical sighting device, please bring the owner’s manual for the device to aid in sight-in and adjustments.
|Event Date||01-23-2021 3:00 pm|
|Event End Date||01-23-2021 10:00 pm|
|Cut off date||01-22-2021 1:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range