Level 4: Advanced Defensive Handgun
For graduates of F.A.S. Levels 1 through 3 Handgun courses (or our pre-2015 F.A.S. Tactical Handgun and Advanced Defensive Handgun courses), this intensive three-day class combines advanced gun handling skill development with advanced tactical decision making.
The curriculum combines high-speed handgun shooting, tactical decision making and role-play in preparation for defending one’s actions in court. It is the culmination of Firearms Academy’s handgun training curriculum. We believe that an individual who completes all four levels of our handgun training courses is ready for just about anything an armed citizen may encounter in their daily lives. Students will also test their skills against the FAS Handgun Master test (detailed under the Read More link below) during class.
Prerequisites: Students enrolling in this course should have received training equivalent to both our Level 2: Defensive Handgun and Level 3: Tactical Handgun classes. Student will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification or other form of background check prior to participation.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Level 4 Handgun Equipment List:
- Your own handgun of .380 caliber or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- Holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, shoulder holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 600 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) ammunition
- Gloves and padded jacket or heavy sweatshirt for Airsoft scenarios.
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A small, handheld tactical flashlight
- A concealment garment.
- A billed baseball cap
- A set of kneepads
- A pen and notebook
- Your lunch and beverages.
FAS HANDGUN MASTER TEST
- Accuracy: From holster, shooter fires 6 shots in 30 seconds at 15 yards, all A-zones.
- Multiple targets/Reloading: At 7 yards, draw and fire one shot on each of 3 targets, reload and one shot on each of three targets, reload again and cover target. 11 seconds total time, 17 sec. for revolver. Run twice. Total of 12 shots, 6 must be A-zones, the rest can be C-Zones, no D-zones or misses.
NOTE: Instructor will start stopwatch on whistle, and blow whistle for .5 seconds at the 10.5 second mark on the stop watch. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot, and the attempt will not be scored as a pass.
- Moving Target: At 7 yards, target will appear and be visible for 2.25 sec. traveling approximately 4 yards. Shooter must draw and fire 2 shots, starting when target appears. 3 runs, all A-zones.
- One Handed Shooting Skills: Shooter at 4 yards, on whistle, draws and fires 6 shots in 6 seconds, all A-zone hits.
Repeated from low ready with weak hand.
NOTE: Instructor will start stopwatch on whistle, and blow whistle for .5 seconds at the 5.5 second mark on the stop watch. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot and will not pass.
- Low Light: Shooter at 5 yards, on whistle draws and fires one shot on each of 3 targets, 3.5 sec. or less. Repeat for a total of 6 times. 18 shots total, at least 9 must be A-zones, the rest C-zones. No D zones or misses.
NOTE: Instructor will start stopwatch on whistle, and blow whistle for .5 seconds at the 3 second mark on the stop watch. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot, and results in a “did not pass.”
|Event Date||06-01-2018 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-03-2018 5:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range
Please note that this is a private range. There is no public access, other than for scheduled classes / events. Contact us for driving directions.