Level 4: Advanced Defensive Handgun
For graduates of F.A.S. Levels 1 through 3 Handgun courses (or our pre-2015 F.A.S. Tactical Handgun and Advanced Defensive Handgun courses), this intensive three-day class combines advanced gun handling skill development with advanced tactical decision making.
The curriculum combines high-speed handgun shooting, tactical decision making and role-play in preparation for defending one’s actions in court. It is the culmination of Firearms Academy’s handgun training curriculum. We believe that an individual who completes all four levels of our handgun training courses is ready for just about anything an armed citizen may encounter in their daily lives. Students will also test their skills against the FAS Handgun Master test.
Prerequisites: Completion of the FAS Level 2: Defensive Handgun AND either Level 3: Active Shooter or Level 3: Tactical Handgun classes. Student will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification, or other form of background check prior to participation.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Level 4 Handgun Equipment List:
- Your own handgun of .380 caliber or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- Holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, shoulder holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 600 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) ammunition
- Gloves and padded jacket or heavy sweatshirt for Airsoft scenarios.
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A small, handheld tactical flashlight
- A concealment garment.
- A billed baseball cap
- A set of kneepads
- A pen and notebook
- Your lunch and beverages.
FAS HANDGUN MASTER TEST
On IDPA/USPSA targets
- Accuracy: From holster, shooter fires 6 shots in 30 seconds at 15 yards. All -0/A-zone hits.
- Multiple targets/Reloading: At 7 yards, draw and fire one shot on each of 3 targets, reload and one shot on each of three targets, reload again and then fire one shot on one of the 3 targets. 12 seconds total time, 18 sec. for revolver. Run twice. Total of 14 shots, all must be within the -1/C zone.
- Moving Target: At 7 yards, target will appear and be visible for 3 sec. traveling approximately 6 yards. Shooter must draw and fire 3 shots, starting when target appears. 2 runs, all must be within the -0/A-zone.
- One Handed Shooting Skills: Shooter at 4 yards, on whistle, draws and fires 6 shots in 6 seconds. All -0/A-zone hits to the body. Repeat from low ready with weak hand.
- Low Light: Shooter at 5 yards, on whistle draws and fires one shot on each of 3 targets, 3.5 sec. or less. Repeat for a total of 4 times. 12 shots total. All must be -1/C zone hits.
NOTE: Each student will get two tries at each of the 5 sections. The student must pass each section at least once to make FAS Handgun Master. Instructor will use electronic timer or start stopwatch on whistle and blow whistle for .5 seconds before the end of the drill. Any shots fired after the whistle are noted as an overtime shot, and results in a “did not pass.”