One Handed Shooting Seminar
This class will emphasize one handed shooting, both strong and week hand. We will be doing moving targets and other drills we normally only do two handed in other classes.
These one-day, 6-hour seminars are designed for students to practice what they already have been taught in the prerequisite F.A.S. class, but perhaps have not practiced for a while. They are NOT designed to be stand-alone training. If you have not met the pre-requisites listed for each class, please do not ask for a waiver of the pre-requisite, but rather, please consider taking the class listed as the prerequisite, as it contains instruction on the topics contained in the Special Interest Seminar, plus lots more.
Special Interest Seminars put in-depth focus on individual components and ancillary aspects of defensive firearms use. Seminar emphasis is on skill building and repetition, that the student may gain an appreciable degree of proficiency in the specified skill. The special interest seminars review and refine skills taught in our weekend courses, and are offered to provide the chance to practice specific skills, without having to spend the time to go through an entire weekend class.
Prerequisite: Level 2: Defensive Handgun (or higher level course).
$50 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
- Your own handgun of .380 caliber or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them.
- A belt holster with covered trigger guard capable of re-holstering one handed (no fanny packs, shoulder holsters, appendix holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 250 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
|Event Date||04-10-2022 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||04-10-2022 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||09-06-2021|
|Cut off date||04-07-2022|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|