Combining the curriculum of Level 2: Defensive Handgun and Level 3: Tactical Handgun classes, along with the Special Interest Seminar Wounded/Downed Defender and a run at the FAS Handgun Master Test into a very worthwhile, week-long training course for the student who can take a full week away from their jobs and families.
Our weeklong handgun course resulted from the requests of far-away students for the chance to load up on several FAS classes without having to waste the week-days between classes on our traditional week-end training schedule, or incur the expense of three separate trips to FAS.
This class is 5 days, Monday through Friday. 9am to 5pm.
Prerequisite: Student should have a good working knowledge and familiarity of handguns, but no formal training is required. You will need your own handgun of .380 ACP caliber or larger, and a valid, state issued Concealed Weapons Permit, military or police ID or other background check is required due to the nature of the material presented.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Weeklong Handgun Equipment List:
- Handgun of .380 caliber or larger
- Three magazines or speedloaders, plus a belt holder or pouch for them (more recommended for single stack)
- Holster with covered trigger guard (no fanny packs, shoulder holsters, appendix holsters, small-of-the-back (SOB) holsters or soft, collapsible inside-the-pants holsters, please)
- 1200 rounds of full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition.
- Ear protection and wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection)
- A billed baseball cap
- A flashlight
- A pen and notebook
- Your lunch and beverages.
Venue - Firearms Academy Range