Close Quarters Shotgun
For students who have successfully completed our Advanced Defensive Shotgun and want to explore the use of the shotgun for urban conflict further, we offer this third level course. In it will concentrate on perfecting our close range skills, and spend a large amount of time moving and shooting, taking cover and shooting, shooting in low light and practicing dynamic search techniques, including decision making drills and shoot/no-shoot scenarios. Program also includes our challenging FAS Shotgun Master Test (detailed under Read More link below).
We have also moved the shotgun to handgun transition drills from Advanced Defensive Shotgun into this course and will expand this training. Pre-requisites are Advanced Defensive Shotgun and Defensive Handgun (no exceptions).
Students who are slightly built may want to consider purchasing a PAST recoil pad, due to the amount of shooting we do in this course.
Student will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification or other form of background check prior to participation.
Close Quarters Shotgun Equipment List
- 12 or 20 gauge shotgun, pump or semi-auto with combat sights.
- 300 rounds birdshot (if semi-auto, ammo must be able to cycle your gun), 100 rounds buckshot, 30 rounds slugs, (Please, absolutely no steel shot.)
- 150 round full metal jacket handgun ammunition
- Handgun and magazines or speed loaders, belt holster, magazine or speedloader carriers and a sturdy belt.
- Ear protection, wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection) and a brimmed baseball cap.
- PAST recoil shield for slightly-built people.
- Clothing appropriate for a considerable amount of time outdoors.
- Notebook and pen.
- Please bring a food and beverages for your lunches.
FAS SHOTGUN MASTER TEST
Test One: Accuracy: Student will shoot 2 slugs standing, 2 slugs left side cover, 2 slugs right side cover, 2 slugs kneeling and 2 slugs sitting or prone into IPSC target. No time limit. Must have all C-zone hits or better. Target set at 50 yards.
Test Two: Speed: Student will face 5 pepper poppers. ON signal must knock down popper within one second. Repeat 5 times. Buckshot used. 10 yards, start with shotgun at Low Ready, safety on, finger outside trigger guard.
Test Three: Multiple hits: Student will face one steel silhouette, and from low ready, will fire two shots under 1.2 sec. (1.4 for pump). Repeat 3 times to pass.
Test Four: Multiple targets/manipulation. Facing 10 pepper poppers, student will start at high ready with shotgun loaded with 5 rounds. On signal, student will shoot down 5 poppers, reload and shoot down other 5 poppers. Time limit, 20 seconds semi, 25 seconds pump. May pick up a missed popper, but must do so within time limits.
|Event Date||09-26-2020 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-27-2020 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-11-2019|
|Cut off date||09-25-2020 1:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|