Level 4: Close Quarters Shotgun
This class is for students who have successfully completed our Advanced Defensive Shotgun or have completed our entire rifle curriculum and want to explore the use of the shotgun at closer ranges or inside a structure. It will concentrate on perfecting our close range skills, movement, muzzle positions, and practicing search techniques including decision making drills, shoot/no-shoot scenarios, and low-light.
**September 23-24, 2023 date Added, round count TBD**
Shotguns not designed to be fired from the shoulder (Pistol grip only or bird's head) are not recommended for this course but may be used as an alternative to their primary shotgun during some drills if the student is consistently demonstrating the appropriate level of competency to where the instructors are comfortable the student can maintain safety, muzzle awareness, and all hits on target during the exercise.
Students will be required to present a state-issued license to carry a concealed handgun, military or police identification or other form of background check prior to participation.
$100 discount for retakes. Must register by phone to receive discount.
Close Quarters Shotgun Equipment List
- 12 or 20 gauge shotgun, pump or semi-auto with combat sights or a RDS.
- 300 rounds birdshot (if semi-auto, ammo must be able to cycle your gun), 100 rounds buckshot, 30 rounds slugs (Minimum; Absolutely no steel shot!)
- 50 round full metal jacket handgun ammunition (Minimum)
- Handgun and magazines or speed loaders, belt holster, magazine or speedloader carriers and a sturdy belt.
- Electronic Hearing protection, wrap-around safety glasses (eye protection) and a brimmed baseball cap.
- Kneepads (Optional)
- Clothing appropriate for a considerable amount of time outdoors.
- Notebook and pen.
- Please bring a food and beverages for your lunches.
|Event Date||09-26-2020 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-27-2020 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||09-25-2020 1:00 pm|
|Location||Firearms Academy Range|
Venue - Firearms Academy Range